Sunday, June 15, 2014

Selah

I'm writing this with a baby asleep in my arms. She woke up a little while ago and I can't bring myself to put her down.  I'm amazed at how brown her skin is.  She was so pale just a few months ago.  She's been home 7 months.  She's been put under general anethesia 4 times and there is a good possibilty another one is coming.  She's had major dental surgery, had so many hearing tests I've lost count, gotten hearing aids and leg braces and she really doesn't like having to do what the PT tells her to.  She's learned that if yelling and spitting don't get you why you want, smiling, holding out your arms and saying Mama just might.  She has woken up in the middle of the night with her heart racing, her arms searching and grabbing on to me so tight it takes my breath away.  Scared, unsure of where she is.

But…..

She's had her teeth fixed, she's gotten her hearing aids and leg braces.  She may not like it but she can walk the stairs at PT one at time now.  Her skin is dark from hours of being outside and when she wakes up scared there is always someone there to grab onto.

I'm so very glad she is here.  So very glad we are with her.  I know she has been through it since she got home, but I'm so glad she has a chance.  A chance to know Jesus.

There is another little one.  From the same place as Sarah.  She was there when we were in November and I wished I had seen her and held her.  Pale and  so very sick.  Thankfully she was able to be moved to a foster home to get better care and now she waits in a hospital in Beijing.  Waiting.  Waiting for money to be raised so her heart can be fixed.  Her heart conditon is complicated and complex.  A doctor is willing to do it, but the funds are lacking and honestly they are greatly lacking.  It will take $25,000 to fix Selah's heart.  Only $8,000 has been raised.

I'm so thankful she is being given a chance. I'm sad that she doesn't have a mamma waiting with her, altough I am thankful for the nanny who I am sure is with her.   I'm praying she gets to have dark skin from playing outside and skinned up knees from falling off a bike and she gets to yell at her therapist for making her work hard.  I want her to know Jesus.

Can you help Selah?  As followers of Christ we are all called to care for the orphan.  This is a very good way to do just that.  Can you spare $10?  Maybe more.  I'm amazed somedays what I say I can't afford to do as I drive through somewhere or stop for snacks.  Skip it just once and help give Selah a chance.

You can go here to donate and write Selah in the comments box.

Donate for Selah's Surgery

This will take you to the (un)adopted website.  This is the orphan care ministry of Lifeline Chilldren's Services.  They are our adoption agency.

Here is sweet Selah.


I'm so thankful someone is taking care of her.  Look at that smile. Put please also look at her fingers.  Sweet, dimped, baby fingers- with blue fingernails from a lack of oxygen.  Her heart needs to be fixed.  Soon.

Please pray for Selah and help as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment