Saturday, February 2, 2013

Things I've learned this week

I have just about worn our computer out watching adoption videos the past few weeks.  Precious videos of people's adoption journeys.  People just like us who have felt God's undeniable call on their life.  I've always loved these videos.  Several years ago when we were contempleting adoption seriously for the first time I came across a video of a family bringing their baby home.   It was on an agency website and I think I watched it 100 times.  I just kept thinking that I was supposed to have a moment like that.  That that was supposed to be part of my life.  I remember being so happy for the family but sad at the same time.  Wondering if I was missing something God was calling me to.  As I have watched these videos in the past week I am not sad at all.  I am excited.  I am nervous.  I am impatient!  I am ready!

God has affirmed our decision to go with our agency over and over.  That is a hard decision and one we made rather quickly based on reccomendation and instinct.  It was a good choice!  I have emailed and called those poor people numerous times and am always greeted with kindness and understanding.  Each email I am reminded that they are praying for our family.

The Lord has drawn close this week.  I am so reminded of His promise to draw close to Him and He will draw close to you!  I have spent so much time pouring over the waiting children lists.  We can go one of two ways in finding our daughter.  We can submit all our  paperwork- our dossier- and wait for a referell or we can ask to view a file of a waiting child and decide whether or not to pursue that child.  Those children are called "special focus" children and are generally older and may have more signifigant needs.  Because we are looking for someone a little older we have felt strongly from the beginning that she is on that list.  It can be very overwhelming looking at those children.  The mama in me just wants to go get them all.  I have found a blog that I have been stalking   reading a lot.  They have adopted 11 children from China!!  She talked in one post about searching those lists and feeling overwhelmed.  Another blog I was reading talked about the importance of praying for those children.  When you are overwhelmed at their needs, pray for them.  So that's what I've been doing this week.  Praying for them by name-at least the names assigned to them for list purposes.  I have found such joy in praying for them and peace in knowing God is in control.

God has called our family to adoption.  I know that he doesn't call every family to adoption but he does make it clear in His word that we are to care for the fatherless.  Praying for these children whether you have seen their faces or not is a huge way of caring for them.  Please pray for them today.  In doing so you are praying for our daughter as well.

We have another homestudy interview on Monday.  That will be 2 down and 2 to go.  We are waiting to hear about our fingerprint appointment.  I have no idea how long that should take but I am hoping to hear from them in the next couple of weeks.  Oddly enough the thing that has given us the most fits so far is my dadgom birth certificate.  Its been nearly 2 months since I ordered it.  They assured me Wednesday that it had been mailed out but it did not come today meaning we cannot turn it in on Monday.  Trying not to be frustrated but not trying hard enough!

My favorite verse this week is Isaiah 43:5
"Do not be afraid, for I am with you.  I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.

He is pulling us together.  Please pray for us and for her.  Please pray for Will and Jenny.  Please pray for the millions of orphans around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment