Monday, August 11, 2014

Swimming….or not

It took Sarah a few times to warm up to the pool this summer but by the end of summer she was really enjoying it.  I decided to take her by myself one evening after Shane got home.  I thought it would be a  fun way to spend a little time and get her good and tired.  It was overcast whe we left the house but I thought it would be fine.  We stopped at Walgreens to get a floatie and it started to rain but it was just a quick shower and by the time we got to the pool it had stopped.  But then the clouds rolled in.  Fast.

I got her floatie on.  I put the ring around her. I sat her on the step of the pool.  She laid down and smiled really big.  And then it thundered.  Did it?  No surely not.  If I pretned it didn't maybe it wont again.  

Nope.  More thunder.  Have to get out.  Thirty seconds after she got in.  I looked at the girl working and gave her fair warning that this would not be pretty.  And it wasn't.  No way on earth to explain to my partially deaf, no language until 6 months ago child that the thunder she can't hear means we can't swim.  It's impossible.  Trust me.

This is what she looked like all the way home.




I let Shane take over once we got in the driveway because, well honestly because she had screamed for 10 solid minutes and mamma needed a minute.  This is how things went for him.



I know it's probably not great parenting to take a picture while your child is pitching a massive fit but you've either got to laugh or cry.  She was crying plenty so we just had to stand back and let it run its course.

She recovered and she has had plenty of swim time!


No comments:

Post a Comment