Saturday, January 26, 2013

We passed

Friday afternoon we had our home visit interview for our home study.  I really wasn't that nervous about it.  That is until Friday morning.  I don't know why, but I was just feeling anxious.  I think it had more to do with the stack of papers I had to give her than with her coming to our house.  We have worked and worked over the last three weeks to have as much done as possible.  I wanted it all to be just right. I had cleaned the house.  Everything was in order.  Of course it is also the weekend of the Boy Scout's winter survival camp out so there was "scout stuff" out in several rooms, but it was neat and stacked up so it was fine.  I wasn't really ok with the huge cooler blocking the door in garage but I managed to push it out of the way.  We both got home about an hour before Lydia got here and Shane was able to load all the camp out gear into his truck and I felt much better.  He even stashed his huge camouflage bag that holds all his hunting stuff and usually sits in our bedroom during hunting season.  During the interview she asked me what was a way that Shane showed that he loved me.  I told her the fact that he took that bag up in the attic before she got here without me asking was all the proof I needed that the man loved me.  He knew it was driving me crazy, but I was determined not to say anything!

The interview went fine.  It was long, but pleasant.  I really like our social worker.  The home tour wasn't that big of a deal, although I'm glad all the smoke detectors were working since we had to press the buttons and prove they worked.

We have a plan for the house and I'm getting excited to start heading in that direction.  We will have to sell some furniture and buy some other furniture.  I've started a "Sister's bedroom" fund.  It's actually just an envelope with $25 in it right now, but it's a start right?!

We have our next interview a week from Monday.  That will be 2 down and 2 to go.  I have a timeline in my head for the home study to be done.  I'm trying not to get ahead of myself but I am a goal oriented person and I need something to work towards.  We have a book to finish reading and some other small things to handle.  The State of Louisiana still has not sent a copy of my birth certificate and it's been 6 weeks since I sent the request.  If anybody knows Ms. Walker in vital records could you encourage her to get a move on already!  The Lord is definitely teaching me to be patient!

Shane and I have some things to discuss and some decisions to make and your prayers for wisdom and guidance are greatly appreciated.  As always we ask for prayer for our sweet girl in China.  Every piece of paper and every interview is one step closer!


No comments:

Post a Comment