Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pity Party is OVER!

My little self imposed pity party is over!  I was a little whiney in my last post and there is enough whine in this house already so that has got to stop!  Best way I know how to stop feeling sorry for myself is to have a grateful heart so here is what I am grateful for today!

*My Lord and Savior whose adoption  of me was a whole lot messier and costly than a few weeks wait for fingerprints.  For His overwhelming grace and His mercies that are new EVERY day!

*For our adoption agency.  The pateince exhibited with those people by the whole crazy lot of us adoptive parent's his God given for sure.  There love for orphans all over the world is evident in all they do.  We are so thankful God led us to them.

*I am thankful for the promises of Psalms 139.  Yes, I am fearfully and wonderfully made, but more importantly Sarah is fearfully and wonderfully made.  He knows the number of hairs on her sweet shaven head.  He knows the details of her life that I will never know.  She is fully known by her creator.

*I am thankful for Will and Jenny.  For their open hearts to a new sister.  For their hilariously different personalities.  I am thankful that God entrusted them to me and I pray everyday for their heart and soul and mind.

*I am grateful that in the uncertain, shakey world of international adoption that China is fairly steady.  A predictable set of steps.  The timetable may differ for everyone, but the steps are the same.

*I am thankful that now our fingerprint appointment is only about a week away.  And I'm thankful we only had to wait 2 weeks.  Many people wait more than that.  Thankful in all circumstances.

*I am thankful that my belly is full of crawfish and birthday cake tonight.  I am thankful I ate that meal with my family.

*I am thankful for the leagcy my parents have given me.

*I am so very thankful for Shane.  He loves me.  Never one day for nearly 19 years have I ever questioned that.


The Lord has done great things for us and we are FILLED with joy!
Psalms 126:3

No comments:

Post a Comment