Saturday, December 7, 2013

Surgery




This precious girl had some much needed dental surgery yesterday.  Her sweet smile looks a lot different now but it is still just as sweet.  She was such a trooper and although waking up from general anesthesia is never fun, she is back to her funny, silly self today.  She is still learning how to eat with her much fewer teeth, but other than that, all is good.  I'm so proud of her.  I'm so proud to be her mama.


Here she is waiting with daddy.  The hardest part, well one of the hardest, was just not being able to prepare her for what was coming.  Handing her over was very difficult as well.  We are coming along so very well with attachment and I was so concerned that we would take a giant leap backwards but that hasn't happened.  She has done great.


Last night after the big kids got home she planted herself right next to Will on the bench instead of in her seat.  She really loves her brother and she really wanted some of that pizza.  Not tonight sweetie-yogurt for you!


She was still a little sleepy eyed this morning but was doing great.  She loves to paint and she almost always has a ziplock with her.  She carries it around and fills it up with whatever she can find.  One day I sat her at the table with her bag full of stuff while I heated up her lunch.  She reached in her bag and pulled out a half a banana.  You just never know.

Yesterday was one of those days that kind of makes me mad.  Why did nobody ever take care of this babies teeth.  Why did she even have to be in this situation.  Why?!  It was also a day of thanks.  So very thankful those teeth won't hurt her anymore.  So thankful she is home and safe. So thankful we have been given the opportunity to be her parents.  It was also a day of sadness.  All day I kept seeing all the faces of the other children.  The children who won't ever get their teeth fixed.  Teeth that desperately need fixing.  And I think about the arguements I made with God before we started this journey: We don't have enough money, we don't have enough space, etc.  Am I that selfish?  Are we that spoiled that having a little more leg room in my however many square foot house is more important than these precious children.  

I am very thankful for the prayers for her (and me). I am thankful for the dentist and anethesialogist and nurses that took care of her yestedray and got her back to us as quick as possible so we could be the ones to comfort her.   For understanding the nervousness of handing over my brand new (to me) baby.

I am thankful that God has allowed me to take this journey and I pray others will step out in faith and bring home these precious children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment