Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Where God is working

Most of us live in a bubble.  We may get outside that bubble for short periods of time but it is so easy to slip back in.  I sat in a waiting room today and listened for 30 minutes while 2 mothers complained about how busy they were.  Kids to take here and there, no time to shop for clothes, no one had booked the hotel for the baseball tournament and now the best hotel was full and whether to stay in a bigger house a mile from the beach or stay in a smaller house on the beach.  First world problem, we all have them.

But I have seen.  And when I slip back into my bubble full of first world problems I force myself to remember what I have seen.  I have seen a room full of cribs with only plywood for mattresses.  No place for an adult to sit or sleep….who stays there during the night?  I've seen children with towels instead of diapers tied around their waist with ropes. I have seen older children who have never spent a day in school.  Never.  With gray teeth, unable to speak.  I've seen a child sitting with their legs through the bars of a third story window watching me look over the only place he has ever known.  Watching me hold children and pass out lollipops and leave.

When I lay by my beautiful daughter at night I see those children.  So thankful for the ones who are home now, Susan, Sarahbeth, Sophia.  So thankful for the ones coming home soon, Stewart,Sean, Suzie.  But I hurt for those who aren't home.  Who may never be home, Samuel, Susanna, Seth.

Lifeline Children's Services has a partnership with this orphanage.  The orphanage my daughter once lived in.  They have worked to help and have prayed for the Lord to open doors and He has.  In a might, mighty way He has opened doors for Lifeline to establish a foster home for 14 of the babies at this orphanage.  Fourteen children able to sleep in peace and safety in a suitable bed with plenty of food.  Able to get interaction and love and touch everyday. Given the medical treatment they need.

The challenge of course is money.  Always isn't it!?  But God is so much bigger than money.  Lifeline needs a lot of money in a short amount of time to get this foster home off the ground.  God has made the path smooth through the hard things like an apartment, a manager and government approval, I have no doubt that He won't let a thing like 40,000 stand in the way.  But how awesome that he allows us to be a part of His work.  He allows us to be blessed by being obedient to help to fatherless.  Do you have $5? $10? $25?  Maybe more?  Would you be willing to help?

You can click on the link below to hear more about this opportunity and how to help.  Nothing is too small.

http://lifelinechild.org/chinafosterhome/

To see these children's faces you can click on the link below.  Pick one out and pray for them.  Pray that  they will know the love of a family.  Pray that the Lord will guard their future.  It is dim without Him, but He is big God.  I have seen these children with my own eyes.  They are not just pictures, they are as real as the children you tucked into bed tonight and just as fiercely loved by our creator.  One of those children, Susan on the list, is home now.  Sleeping in her bed in the room next to the one I'm sitting in now.  She is safe and loved and home.  They all deserve that.  This foster home is gigantic step in the right direction.

http://lifelinechild.org/suixi/

Many years ago I took part in the Experiencing God Bible study.  I remember Henry Blackabey saying that if you wanted to do something for God to look for where He was already working and join Him.  He is working here, Join Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment