Sunday, November 3, 2013

Day 2

First and formost the Luggage has been found!  Praise The Lord!  We should have it by the evening.

We had decided to sat up last night until at least 7:00.  We bought some things at the Trustmart that we could have for dinner in the room and were going to hang out and relax until bedtime.  About 6:00 jenny curled up in her bed and got real glassy eyed.  About that time Shane starts getting sleepy eyed on the couch.  We called it at 6:30 and we were all alseeo in about 10 minutes.  Shane and Jenny slpet through the night until about 7:00 this morning.

About 8:00 last night the phone in the room rang jolting me out of a dead sleep.  I heard call airline and said ok and hung up.  It rang again immediately.  It was actually our guide calling.  I was more awake this time and she let me nwo that she had talked to the airline and that the luggage was not delayed but was "completely lost".  She gave me an email address to email with a description of the luggage.  I was able to go back to sleep until about misnight and it was driving me crazy so I got up and sent the email, read my Bible and prayed for my little girl whose world was about to flip upside down. I took some melatonin and fell back asleep about 1:00.  I slept soundly until about 6:15.

The emotion of the day and loss of the luggage settled on me when we got up and started talking through what all we needed to go get.  i had my good cry over it and we just decided we had to move on.

We had breakfast at the hotel and then headed out to find the Aeon department store.  We found it and browsed the grocery store.  Very interesting!!!  We bought some things that I had already bought at home but oh well!

We went upstairs to the clothing section and I managed to get a few things for her.

I hate that we spent money on things we already had but I needed to know I could meet her needs as soon as we had her adn at that poin the luggage was still "completely lost."

We came back to the room and face timed Will.

Right now we are eating lunch in the room and getting things ready to go.  We leave here in an hour and half to head to the civil affairs office.  She is on her way too.  Please pray her ride is going ok.  Its a long way and she has never been in a car that long.

Today is orphan sunday and I have a lot to say about that but for now the most important thing for us is that in a few hours there will be....

One Less.

No comments:

Post a Comment