Friday, November 29, 2013

I'm Thankful for….

So very much this year!

*I am thankful for Lifeline Children's Services.  Karla, Anna, Mallory, all of them.  They work tirelessly and put up with some majorly crazy adoptive parents.  They love these children so much!  If you have ever thought about adoption, if you have wondered about our process or how different countries work, or about domestic adoption- check them out.  They also have a wonderful orphan care ministry- (un)adopted.

http://lifelinechild.org

http://lifelinechild.org/orphan-children/
(This is the (un)adopted link)

*I am thankful that , for now, I can put this notebook away.  I lived by this thing for the last 11 months. It's a thing of beauty.  Tabs organizing sections, page protectors galore.  Copies in triplicate of everything we signed.  Originals in folders in the fire proof safe.  Its a work of art.  But it is time to put it up.  Time for the work of parenting to begin.



*I am thankful that it doesn't take long to microwave rice.  Once the bowls come out the girl is ready to eat and she does not appreciate the whole, "Let's heat this up a little," idea.



*I am thankful for Will and Jenny,  for stepping up.  Not one complaint about me having to miss some things, about having to be a little quieter, "because if you wake that baby up…".  For loving this sweet girl who is still learning how to be in a family and who to trust.  The are pretty awesome!


*I am thankful for a changed heart.  I am not the same.  When the Lord lets you see the true least of these you can not be the same.  I can not read an article about fighting over "stuff" the day after thanksgiving.  I see news reports of people knocking each other over for TVs and toys and all I can see is a room full of hungry babies.  I am not perfect in this- so please don't hear me say that.  I struggle with greed and want like everyone else, but the sights I've seen come rushing back and I have to ask the Lord to forgive me-again.

*I am thankful for the first painting this little girl did!!  Can you see that she has a paint brush in each hand!  She is ambidextrous!  She hasn't shown a favorite hand yet- switches back and forth with ease!  And quite an artist!



Painting with shapes!


*I am thankful for an afternoon spent painting with my girls.  Thankful for making a huge mess because everybody should have paint all over them by the time they are 5!!  Messes mean experiences and trust me this girl is all about new experiences this week!  I had forgotten how big a mess a little person can make!

I'm also thankful fort hat little bit of belly you see there- it was most definately not there 3 weeks ago!



*I am thankful for the International Adoption Clinic at UAB and for Dr. Jennifer Chambers who saw my girl in China and saw her this week in Birmingham.  Thankful to begin getting my girl the help she needs to be all God has created her to be.

*I am thankful for an infectious laugh from a little girl I was prepared to spend weeks trying to draw  out.  I had a very withdrawn, quiet, scared child in my head and she has embraced life.  She laughs and hugs and can pitch a big ole fit when she doesn't want to take a nap. 

*I am thankful that she has learned how to blow into a toilet paper roll.  That is  a serious life skill that every 5 year old should have!  More importantly is the ability to aggravate your sister with your new talent!


 


*I am thankful that she loves a bubble bath!  (Her nose isn't bleeding- that is more paint!)


*I am thankful for my Saviour.  I am thankful that he adopted me to be a child of the King!  





   


No comments:

Post a Comment